Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro mechanica installation....help

raedbenz

could anybody plz tell me how to install the pro mechanica in wildfire2...is there any tricks in doing that..

thanks

Hello,

What do you want to know exactly ??

just make sure when you run PTCSETUP.bat in the configuration of other models you have the right path that indicates the the directory of installation of Pro/MECH....what else make sure the path doesn't contain spaces...take care...and let me know if everthing is Ok....

Hello Prettflu9

I have installed Mechanica no problem!

However I want to use Mechanica outside the intralink environment!

I have this FEM Mode with a check mark in the box that I can't uncheck!

I've had this issue in the past and figured it out after a few days.

Do you have any suggestions?

Trickey

I think when you're getting the FEM mode checked that you can't uncheck means that your Mechanica installation is pointing to the wrong license server or a license server that does not contain any Mechanica licenses. Re-check your license file to ensure that it does have valid licenses for Mechanica and that you are indeed connecting to the correct server.

try this, maybe can help u.

afri

smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
2006-10-13_231218_Mechanica_Fix.rar

Hi.

Maybe you should define "interoperability" between pro/e & pro/mech. You can do it even after you have finished your instalation. Find folder "bin" under your installation folder (i.e "c:\program files\proeWildfire\bin) and start "PTCSETUP.bat". Just click "next" several times until you get to the point where you cancheck a box "set other programs interoperability" (or something like that) and then click "next" once again and set a trajectory of pro/mech (i.e. c:\program files\proemech)... and that's it. I hope.
smiley5.gif

Hello,

Days ago, I had the FEM mode checked while trying to launch Pro M within Pro E.
I solved the issue by going to the above mentioned procedure: ptcsetup.bat and interoperability setup.
However now, when I try to launch Pro M, altough the FEM is unchecked and I can access the advanced mode, when I hit ok, then I got the "Unable to get required Mechanica license. Please contact..." error message.
I had no such issue after the installation of Pro E and Pro M as a standalone program seems to be ok (no pop up asking for a license file etc...).

Is there a different license needed to make Pro M work within Pro E or is it due to a misconfiguration?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion you might have.

Edited by: glue

First message I've written on these forums but I registered
just to tell everyone thank you for the help. I am a
Mechanical Designer who also acts as the IT guy here at my
company since we are a small company. I don't understand
some of the terminology some of the IT folks on other
forums use but on this forum people tend to explain things
in a way that even I can understand and I appreciate that.

I tried the ptcsetup.bat method and showed it where
Mechanica was installed and it worked beautifully. Thanks
so much!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back