Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/INTRALINK TOOLKIT Connection

akash4plm

Dear Experts,<br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;"><br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">I am trying to login to Pro/INTRALINK using the PDMConnectToPDM() api but it fails to connect with message "Invalid Multibyte string" without any other error message at the same API. I did followed procedure suggested by PTC to use PDMMultibyteStringToPTCSTRING for Unicode support as per Appendix B is followed but the results is same. :-(<br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;"><br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">I am suspecting either windows XP 64 bit or compiler problem. I am using Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 - M062 with Visual Studio 2005.<br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;"><br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">Thanks in advance.<br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;"><br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">Regards,<br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">Akash<br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">

Hello Akash,

Let check do you install the pro\intralink toolkit for 64bit compatiable and do installed the 64bit compiler settings has been checked during installation VS 2005 in you 64bit machine.

it may cause some issue even if you successfully compiled the applciation,mean while check those two things are confirm your self.

Hi Akash,

in the startup batchfile of you application, there somewhere is following line:

set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1

Change this line to:

set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

We had the same problem some time ago and PTC support told us to change the character set - for us it worked fine, no problems any more!

Best regards, DonChunior

Good to see quick reply from both of you.

Hi DonChunior,

Thanks a billion for the solution. Change of NLS_LANG to UTF8 solved the problem. There is not a single mention about this change in PTC site. They do mention about using PDMMultibyteStringToPTCSTRING but its pity that they do not mention of change in NLS_LANG settings.

In addition to above change, I also used TAN 108817 for changes in LDB_PATH. New LDB_PATH string used is sprintf(ldb_path,"%s\\.proi\\Local.ddb",LDB_PATH);

Best Regards,
Akash

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back