Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/INTRALINK rant

michaelpaul

Okay, It's just something that drives me nuts every time I check something into the vault.

It's bad enough that apparently Checkin is now a single word rather than the grammatically correct option of Check In, but it's misspelled twice on the same form. In the title bar it's Checkin with a lowercase i but on the tab it's CheckIn with a capital I.

Come on peeps! if you can't even spell check your software how's the quality in all the things we cannot see!

I'm using Pro/INTRALINK Version 3.3 build code M022 so maybe it's been fixed by now but still............

Michael

Edited by: michaelpaul

You know what they say that human brian only processes few letetrs of the word so when reaidng the text letters can be exhcanged and you will still read the corretc word.

Passed the test?
smiley2.gif

Check In is the same in Intralink 3.4 M040. The tool tip
for the Check In icon is different also it is "Check in"

What bothers me is that some of the error messages you
get have such bad grammer that you can not understand
what they are trying to tell you.

That was a nice run-on.
Edited by: Bugzuki

What bothers me in Intralink 3.4 is that when you get error message you can't do anything with it.

Let's say you have unverified instances in WS and when you want to check-in assembly with those instances you got error message stating that there are unverified instances. When you hit the OK button you are thrown back to WS without any selection or info about unverified instances. So you need to browse through all the WS to find them or run the check-in again and write down the names of unverified instances. Wouldn't it be nice to have an option in that error message window and mark the objects or even run the verification from there.

The same thing happens when you forgot to set the folder of new objects. You just get an info which objects are in error but not have an option to do anything with those records.

End of rant.

But I'm guessing with Windchill this is already resolved.
smiley5.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back