Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro Engineer interface Unigraphics

tommypurple

Pro Engineer has an interface so you can assembly smart Unigraphics part files into a Pro Engineer assembly. The nice thing about this is you can update the Unigraphics file in Unigraphics and it will automatically update in Pro Engineer. Otherwise you have to export the Unigraphics file into Pro Engineer losing all smart capabilities. So now you are building surfaces and cutting/added complex geometry again.

But to do this you need to have the Pro Engineer package, a Unigraphics license. And by looking into to this the latest and greatest Unigraphics package will not work with the Pro Engineer kit. You have to use a old revision of Unigraphics Version 18 or NX 1.0.

Now this feature sounds really cool and I know I could use this feature, but... Geez the money you need to put out for out of date software is way to high.

My question is tho. Does anyone use this feature and does it work? To go out and purchase something like this and then to have it fail would put me in a very questionable position... Thanks for your time...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back