Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro/e wildfire 3.0 move view

c01e

Hi, can someone please tell me how I simply move a drawing view.

In old versions of pro/e, one could just click on the view (e.g. front view) and drag it where they wanted and the other views (e.g. side and top view) would also move automatically, however in wildfire 3.0, it doesn't allow me to a drawing move the view via simply clicking and dragging. Arrr...

Try selecting the view you want to move (make sure it's hi-lighted red). Right (or left) click for options, second from last command should be "lock view movement". You want to un-check this command, now you should be able to move the view!
Edited by: cjrock38

The only options I can find within wildfire 3.0 is when I double left click on the view and a box called "drawing view" appears. And there is not any option called "lock view movement". There is a origin option though, that allows me to move the view by changing its X, Y location. However I would still like to move the view via the mouse, as other old version allowed? Any other ideas?

Wildfire 3.0 has most of the immediately useful functions available on a right-mouse-button pop-up menu. Hold down your right mouse button and you should see a menu with "Lock View Movement" option. Deselect that option and the view will be unlocked and you can then select and drag the view to your heart's content.

Thank you "jraquet", that is exactly what I was trying to say...guess I didn't describe it well enough...maybe next time!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back