Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-E WF4 plotting question

FlorinSava

<DIV =jive-rendered-content>

Hello there,

First of all I am sorry if I posted this question in the wrong category, I am new to this forum and didn't had the chance to browse it entirely.

Now, here is my problem:

I work on both Wildfire 3 and Wildfire 4.

If I take lets say A4 format in WF3, and I draw on it several things, and then I get one of those things outside of the boundaries of that format, when I plot a TIFF format of that drawing, the output file shows me the things outside format aswell as those inside format. So, basically, it prints my HOLE screen.

Now, when I am trying to do that in Wildfire4, when I try to plot as TIFF, all I can see on the output file are the things INSIDE the A4 format...all things that are outside the boundaries of that particular format, simply dissapear on the output file (the thing is that I have some tables with some text information, that I need to place under the lower boundary of the format).

Anyone here can help me with pointing me in the right direction, at the right parameter that I need to switch in order to be able to print my hole screen in WF4, and not just the things inside format?

I already tried all things with .pcf file, I switched all parameters reffering to plotting there, and I really don't know what to switch anymore. In my opinion, the issue is not with the settings in those plotting files, since I used the same plotting setup for WF3 and for WF4, but with different result as I described above....

Please let me know if you need more infos, or you already know how to solve this issue.

Thanks for your time!</DIV>

I suppose the first question must be, why do you have anything outside the format boundary? Can you not scale to fit it all in?

It's some kind of multimedia catalog format that we work with...that's how its supposed to be; Inside the format I have for example an exploded variant of a machine component with BOM baloons on each component, and underneath I have a table in which, on every line, there is text describing those components.
Hopefully I made myself clear enough :)

The main problem remains: how can I plot entire screen and not only the drawings inside a given format (lets say A4).

Thanks for your reply, hopefully we will get to a solution (maybe some other people with good knowledge about how ProE WF4 deals with plotting, step into this discussion :))

I think you are going to have to get tricky here. Create a special format that has a bigger page size than A4 (A3 for instance) then draw your A4 format boundary. Now you will have space outside the format that will print.

Thanks for your reply, it's a smart thing to do...BUT..the thing is that I do not have control and access to those formats, I just use some formats that are already created and accessible through PDMLink.

I was hoping rather for a parameter, or some thing I can switch (True/False, On/Off, etc.) that lets Pro-E know that I want to print my full screen or just the things inside format boundaries. That's the thing I am looking for, or at least the information that this thing is or isn't possible in Wf4.

Have you tried changing the print settings?

Just use 'MS printer manager' (Yes, I am on windows, I
don't know what it would be called in other OSs)

Press the configure button.

Under the model tab you can select different options,
e.g. 'Full' or 'Based on Zoom'

You may have to test different 'scale' settings to get it
to fit on the paper...

Edit: 'Plot area' seems to work best for me<edited><editID>S

Well yeah, I tried everything I could find in the TIFF section of plotters and even in MS printer manager, I tried to print with that and when it asked me to choose my printer I tried to select a software printer that created PDFs and even on those I got the same result....so nothing seems to work when we talk about things outside format...don't know yet why, I know it should be possible since WF3 can make this?!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back