Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E vs NX???

kanishk

For knowledge based engineering we have an excellent application called Knowledge Fusion in NX. Do we have any such offering in Creo as well, at par with NX?? I know Pro/E well except Pro/TOOLKIT, which I presume is just like KF. However, I would like experienced people to comment.

Thanks

I haven't seen Knowledge fusion, Googled it and it says its "Knowledge Based Engineering", it can be done in Creo using its notebook functionality (previously called layout-haven't worked with that either) also Creo's integration with PTC Mathcad which is a full blown math and documentation software can be used for that purpose. for example you can control the dimensions of a 3d model based on the calculations done in mathcad and those calculations could be anything like simple math operations or solving system of differential equations.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back