Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E Tutorial for new users help!

tayte2003

I know nothing about cad but need to learn.

These are the instructions for running the Pro E tutorial but I must be missing something.

You will need to create a special startup command for Pro/ENGINEER, and install the Pro/ENGINEER model files for this Tutorial:

1. <LI>Download the model files. Save the zip file to your desktop.
    <UL>
    <LI>Click Here if you are running a Commercial license of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0
    <LI>Click Hereif you are running the Tryout Edition of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0
    <LI>Click Hereif you are running a Educational edition of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 </LI>
<LI>Extract the zip file to a location on your hard drive.
<UL>
<LI>A plain drive letter (ex: C:\ ) is recommended, and is used for this tutorial. </LI>[/list]
<LI>Browse to the folder created by the zip file.
<UL>
<LI>For example: C:\users\student\Intro_WF3_Tutorial.</LI>[/list]
<LI>Assuming Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 is already installed on your computer, locate the shortcut from the Start menu.
<UL>
<LI>Right-click the shortcut and select Copy.
<LI>Right-click on your desktop and select Paste Shortcut. </LI>[/list]
<LI>Right-click newly pasted shortcut and select Properties.
<UL>
<LI>Enter (or paste in) the full path to theIntro_WF3_Tutorial folder.
<LI>For example: C:\users\student\Intro_WF3_Tutorial.</LI>[/list]
<LI>Start Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 using the newly configured shortcut. </LI>[/list]

I did the above but something is wrong because Pro E doesn't open when I click the new shortcut. Only a directory folder opens like my computer.

Please help!

Thanks!

Edited by: tayte2003

In step 5 there's an important piece of info missing. You paste that path in the 'start in' field, not the 'Target' field.The 'target' field should remain the same as your other Pro|E shortcuts.

You don't really need to do this. You could set your working directory (file -> Set Working Directory) to the tutorial folder after Pro|E starts if you want. You'll have to do this manually every time if you don't change the shortcut properties.

BTW - Where did you find the tutorial?
Edited by: dgs

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back