Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E to .dwg problems (yeah.. again!)

anandel

Hi all!
Here's what my problem is.. I export out my assembly drawings from Pro/E to Autocad in 2000 format. The drawing as is looks ok, but with generic dimension style,fonts etc., but they are all intact. Now I want to copy this over to our company Acad border and make it more presentable by changing dimension styles, fonts, color of the entities all put in proper layers etc.

Here's where my problem starts. Once I copy the drawing into my company's 'start sheet' everything goes outta whack. The hatches flying all over, dimensions thrown away, dimension witness lines, everything. I pretty much have to cleanout everything and start redoing the dimensions, balloons, notes and what not. Doesn't make sense to me.. I ask these guys here, they say that's what they do.. that is, do the dimensioning in autocad. I'm pretty sure there's a good solution out there. I'd really appreciate any help from you Gurus.. Thanks!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back