Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro/e to Autocad

hexagon

how to convert the pro/e drawing into autocad dxf or dwg file? The simply exported files of pro/e makes the font distorted and disordered?

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Vandana

I use the "Save a copy" feature in the file drop down menu and it works fine. Just pick .dwg as the file type.

but, the save a copy otion does not bring the font setting I did in pro/e *.dtl file. Further, the brackets and the symbol style also changes.

How the autocad can be informed about the fonts set in proe?

Thanks

I also have similar problem. The dimensions are in default txt font and when dimensions are moved / edited in Autocad they change size, precision, color.

May I suggest you to post this thread in Data Translation forum and not in Analysis forum. May be that forum will have better experts ?

If you use Wildfire, then "Save a copy" is the way, but if you use th previous versions, you have the option "Export" in File menu.

Now, the way I work it out is that after I open the drawing with Autocad, I use the comand "filter", option "dimensions", and select all dimensions exported from Pro/E. Than I simply put them in the dimension style I want (created in Acad). It is really not taking more than one minute.

There are a few things that can be controlled in config options.Open thewildfire2.0 config option PDF file, and search on acad, dxf.

one importent setting we use is intf2d_out_acad_mtext no.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back