Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E market share?

bobmann

I'm just curious... Does anybody know the numbers on this? What is Pro/E's current market share in the industry compared to other CAD packages (specifically SolidWorks)? And what is the trend in recent years? Is Pro/E gaining or losing market share, again specifically compared to SolidWorks?

Are there any websites that list these statistics? Thanks!

I've seen PTC's numbers, and I've seen SolidWorks' numbers. They both announced good numbers with an optimistic view of the future. I guess I'm interested in something a little more unbiased. Is one gaining on the other? That sort of thing.

It's not important... I'm just curious.... Thanks...

what is the current answer to this market share question?

In particular, how does ProE stack up against Siemens NX for market share?

Is there a regional study? Americas, Europe, China?

Thanks dr_gallup. It would be interesting to get a peakat that report

This is from the 2008 report.I would have guessed Dassault. I wonder if theevil empire is on still top? They said2008 was the first year that more that 50% of users were on 3D as opposed to 2D. That took a long time.

View attachment 5509

Edited by: mgnt8

Thanks for the graphic. With all the termoil globally, it would be most instructive to see an up to date refresh showing 2011.

Interesting. At that time, PTC and CoCreate were separate.Add them together and PTC jumps to 3rd place at 13%

Shocking that Autodesk was still on top and that it took until 2008 for 3D to top 2D. It'd be interesting to see how limiting it to 3D CAD changes things. I also wonder how much of assault's business is SW vs. Catia. Pro/E / Creo competes against both.

The 2011 Joe Peddie Research Report (JPR) for CAD Company Market Share:

Autodesk (31%) (-5%)

Dassault (21%) (+2%)

Siemens (UGS)(15%) (+3%)

PTC (9%) (-2%)

Bentley (7%) (-4%)

Integraph (5%) (0%)

Aveva (4%) - not on previous graph

Nemetschek (3%) (0%)

Other (5%) - (+2%)

What's not clear with the graph is whether or not this is all products or just CAD products? Also, with vendors like Siemens and Dassault is the increase due to which CAD product?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back