Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E link to Pro Mech

porra

Hi every one!!
I just install Pro E and Pro Mechanica, but i dont have the right link since I can open pro Mech from Pro E.
How I should install Pro E that both Pro E and Pro Mech can work?
Thanks
smiley19.gif

Hi.

If you didn't link promech with proe you can do it this way:

1) go to your folder where you've installed your proe (for me it is c:\program files\proewildfire 2.0) and there you will find folder called "bin".

2) enter "bin" folder and there you will find file "ptcsetup.bat". Start it! You can now set numerous options regarding proe.

3) Press "next" several times (I think 3 times) untill you get in "Optional Configuration Settings".

4) Mark option "Config Other Product Interoperability" and press "next".

5) Now you can set up interoperability for ProMech. Just browse to the folder where you installed ProMech, but do not enter folder ProMech itself. In my case, I browsed to folder "c:\Program Files" and just clicked once on folder "mechWildfire 2.0" and then I pressed OK (or "next", I can't remember).

That's it.

Hi Fabio,

I presume you will get an error message when mechanica doesn't start, what is the error message?

Jotry,

Thanks for replying, but I fix it running the installation disk. but the problem remains the ptcsetup.bat does not run, I think it is still a 32bit patch.

Thanks Anyway.
Fabio

Jotry,

Thanks for pointing that out, but I installed Pro/Eng from the new x64 discs straight from PTC.

I will try to contact PTC and get some more information.

Thanks
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back