Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E has found another way to piss me...

jelston

Trying to be calm....

I am working on a drawing and the BOM found this drawing (FOR WHATEVER DUMASS REASON!!!) has to be external. So i'm ballooning items and while i am ballooning i see that i have forgotten a couple nuts
smiley1.gif
. Now i have taken out ALL the sort keys; i went back and tried to delete them just to be sure and I get the message "No sorting keys are specified for this region." Why in the F does Pro/E decide to put the added part in the middle of the bom, instead at the end where it should go. Just in case u don't see the problem, everything from the added balloon down has an incorrect balloon number. I'm talking 100+ balloons to be corrected.

doronron1,

with all due respect to you, i am tired of interrupting my design process to fix the problems of pro/e. the question is why in the ---- PTC haven't fixed it.
Edited by: jelston

Are the nuts the last models in your model tree and do you have it set to no duplicates?
Edited by: kdem

I know it doesn't help you solve the problem but from what I've noticed the default behavior of No Duplicates seems to be Forward even though you don't havesort keys. Specifying Duplicates has no sort keys and lists things as they appear in the tree. So I'm guessing but I would saythe problem isdue to the part name.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back