Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-E Drawing Questions

Bison09

I have a pro-e drawing for a tire mold. It is in .dxf format. I first open it in auto cad then save as a dwg. For my programming I import to smart cam but it is all lines. I have about 20000 elements. I need to change or convert the drawing from pro-e to view polylines or if there is a way to convert to arcs. I do have auto cad 2005 and see the option to change to spline but not sure how to correctly do that. For example in a word phrase the letter "O" sjould normaly be 15 to 20 elements but in pro-e it is 685 elements. Any help would be a major plus for me.

Thanks to all

<DIV =content>
<DIV id=post_message_62161>
<BLOCKQUOTE ="postcontent restore ">In autocad, type PE for polyline edit then M to SELECT multiple lines, once you have selected all the lines press ENTER then you will get a set of options in the commandline, press J for the JOIN command. This will turn your "o" into 1 single spline.</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV>

that may be controlled on how you export from Autocad. There are many settings. You also have settings upon import and one of those is 'as polylines'

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back