Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Printing Issue

alvin

Hi all Pro E experts,
Recently I have purchased a printer HP LaserJet 5200 which prints out too soft tangent and hidden lines. Worst case is the cosmetics thread on a section view does not exist. The circular shape of a cosmetic thread hidden line was also not printed. I couldn't find a way to get the printer to print a darker line or pure black and white mode. Is there a way to adjust ProE to print pure black instead of grey or anyway to work around table.pnt? Is there a configuration to set all colours be printed out in pure black and adjustable line thickness?

SET...

VIEW>DISPLAY SETTINGS>SYSTEM COLORS> BLACK ON WHITE....

ALL COLORS WILL PRINT IN BLACK.

Further in drawing mode File>properties>drawing options> and play around with the following options to get a result that suits your requirement.
remove_cosms_from_xsecs
thread_standard
hlr_for_threads

I too experience this problem and your first bit of advice, Srinivasaniyeri, proved very useful. Unfortunately I find that the hidden detail pales to almost obscurity. Can anyone setout a full proof way of controlling line weight and colour using the pen tables. I have a HP laserjet5000 and a HP Designjet 450C. I have tried following several bits of advice but never seem to accomplish the level of control I wish for.

AlanP said:
Unfortunately I find that the hidden detail pales to almost obscurity. Can anyone setout a full proof way of controlling line weight and colour using the pen tables. I have a HP laserjet5000 and a HP Designjet 450C.
I have used both the laser jet and HP Designjet 450C Though I now have HP Designjet 800C. I print using the method described above and the colors print in PURE BLACK; NO GREY SCALE. You may also go to the printer properties and set the color as PURE BLACK.

As regards the line weight, I use the default setting of ProE (table.pnt) and the line weight quality is OK with me.

Attaching a PDF print of a sample drawing.

2007-06-14_043801_ENGINEER_-_DRW0007.zip

SRINIVASANIYER1
Thank you for your advice. Along with another posting I found yesterday I seem to have the control of line thickness that I wished for.

AlanP said:
SRINIVASANIYER1
Thank you for your advice. Along with another posting I found yesterday I seem to have the control of line thickness that I wished for.
Hi SRINIVASANIYER1 and AlanP,
Thank you for your quick respond but the situation is a bit different here. Perhaps
AlanP have solve his problem because he owned quite a similar printer. Mr AlanP, can
you share your solution?

There is no problem if I print with Hp Laserjet 4V and HP Plotter Designjet 120NR but only failed on HP Laserjet 5200 with almost non visible grey lines. Another issue is the cosmetic hatch done on 3D which appear in 2D as cyan colour will print out with the cosmetic border overlap the geometry lines. Therefore solid geometry lines are not visible. The printed cosmetic border line looks like low resolution dotted lines.
Appreciate your kind assistance.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back