Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

prehighlighting

nadinaf

hello
my issue is with prehighlighting performance.
even I'm working on a simple part or complex one or assembly, the prehighlighting is very slow when moving the mouse over the 3D model.
wildfire3 - DELL T3400 - NVIDIA QUADRO FX570 - Windows XP SP2 32 Bit.
The only state in witch I don't have this problem is when I set the config.pro option :
GRAPHICS to WIN32_GDI
The graphic card driver is the one indicated by PTC in the supported plattform.
I installed a newer version, but no result.
Is there some NVIDIA option setting?
someone has an idea?
thanks

I would go in the Nvidia Control Panel (the newest version is in the Windows XP Control Panel), go to "Manage 3D Settings" and look at some of the settings in there. I wish I could tell you which ones to try changing, but I usually just go thru these by trial and error. One thing I would start with is any of the antialiasing settings - set these to their lowest value (also in Pro/E turn off the "smooth lines" option in the View Options window).

One thing you can do is to use the Program Settings tab to specify settings only for proe.exe. That way you only affect Pro/E and not other programs.

Hope that helps!

Perhaps its a mouse issue. You using a standard mouse or some fancy 5 button tilting wheel gizmo? Try a standard wheel mouse and see if it makes a diff.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back