Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Point on Surface

rework

Hi--I have a mechanism model where I have a constraint of "Point-on-Surface". The surface begins with a surface on the inside of a cylinder --- works fine. When I change the shape of that cylindrical surface by introducing a flat on one side, the surface is no longer one surface, and the constraint fails. How can I make the flat to be part of the original cylindrical surface? In other words, can I merge the 2 surfaces into 1, or? I am not able to solve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated ---Thanks.

The flat changes the topology so the point will lose it's references. Can you keep the flat for both cases but in the first one make the flat as small as you can make it, in effect its not there but the topology remains the same.

Thanks kenppy ---Actually I have tried to convert the cylindrical surface into a cam surface by adding a larger radius "flat" to reduce the cylindrical radius for a portion of the circle. I was hoping the point would keep its reference to the "surface" if it was a continuous surface.

rework

To make my case more clear. I have attached a JPEG of my model. I want the green convex roller to roll against the inside surface of the stationary yellow cam ring, driven by the brown crank. If I create a cam profile for the yellow cam, will I be able to apply the cam constraint, since the angle of the roller will be changing as the mechanism rotates? Any ideas on how to handle this situation?? Thanks for any help.

Tearing outView attachment 5362 my remaining hair!

rework

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back