Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plotting to Adobe Acrobat

I think that you can use a pent table file (*.pnt) and a plotter configuration file (*.pcf) with Acrobat as with any other printer. You point to the *.pnt in the *.pcf then you pick the *.pcf by name in the print dialog:

View attachment 4429

Each one of those points to a *.pcf file where I then define the target printer and other options including lineweights or pen table file. Some go straight to the plotter (via command line), some to a file and some to Windows Print Manager.

We don't generally print straight to Acrobat, we print to a *.ps file and then process it with Distiller. Should work the same with Acrobat though.

dgs,

i plot to file first also, but it saves as a *.plt file and i have to rename it *.ps, then it goes to ghostscript. For the most part, the lines are correct. Some items are slightly off, for instance the a line may be lslslsls (long short) instead of lssslssslsssl

Oh, sorry.
smiley17.gif

If I understand you right, you're saying the length of the segments of dashed,phantomor center lines is different in the PDFthan if plotted or printed on paper? I originally thought you were referring to line weights (thicknesses).

I haven't noticed any difference, but I haven't necessarily looked for it either. Sorry I can't be more help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back