Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plotting HP/GL2 with PCF file

skraba

I'm trying to "clean up" our config files and would like to set the plot config files to be what we usually want when plotting drawings to file with HP/GL2 plotter.

When defining the options in PCF files, we would like to achieve the following:

1. In plot window, we set the size of the plot to A0 size for plotting larger drawings (like A0 or A1 size), but the HP/GL2 printer doesn't recognize the size and revert its paper size properties back to A4 size, so if we don't set the paper size of the plotter every time only part of the A0 or A1 size drawing is plotted.

- Is it possible to set the exact same paper size in the PCF file as the plotter has defined (e.g. ISO OS A0 900 x 1245 mm)? I know the option paper_size in PCF file is available, but I'm not sure, what are valid values.

2. HP/GL2 plotter has ISO OS sizes, which are generally bigger than standard ISO sizes (e.g. ISO OS A0 900 x 1245 mm). Is it possible to limit the plotting only to few predefined paper sizes for that plotter? Does HP/GL2 plotter have paper sizes built-in or does it have separate configuration file with predefined paper sizes? If later is true, the idea would be to delete all the paper sizes but one we are using.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back