Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pipe Bend Tables and stretch

satbuilder

New guy here with a question.

I have been tasked to update the bend table we use here to reflect the stretch, or extrusion, factor based on empirical data and the bend machine we use here at work.

The problem I am having is in understanding the method in which the table, or Pro/Report stores the data in specific columns and rows.

What I would like to do is write a relation that would multiply the bend angle in degrees by a known stretch factor. This would be subtracted from the straight length data produced in the bend table and give a more accurate set of data to plug into the bend machine.

The specific problem lies in the fact that the straight length number listed in the bend table would rely on the stretch, or extrusion factor from the angle listed in the previous row.

Would any of you know if there is a feature ID associated with the data in the pipe table, or if there is any ID information available in order for me to create this?

Thanks for any assistance.

Kurt

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back