Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Perimeter Fencing

abdulhakim

I have copied this from Tips and Tricks assembly as more people seem to view this area. Admin please feel free to delete either topic as you think fit.

Hi All,

Up until now all our drawings have been done using 2D AutoCad. Firstly we recieve a site perimeter diagram from a customer. I copy the relevant bits into a new drawing with our own template and then add bits representing what we will be installing. I then create BOM and raise a quote.

We have just moved over to Creo and i am modelling all our parts in 3D.

My question is this, Can i import a perimeter from an AutoCad dwg as a spline and then get our parts to auto assemble to that spline, mainly fence posts at set distances. I can then assemble all other parts, then get a BOM automatically (with less errors) and also show the fence to our customers in 3D.

Sorry about the long explanation, hopefully someone out there is already doing this and can explain how.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back