Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDMLink, Weblink, Autocad and ProE

peter6.edwards

I am connecting to PDMLink using Weblink through ProE. I currently have some legacy autocaddrawings stored in the library which I need to open intoProE to carry out some tasks. OurWorkgroupCAD Manager docs are all ProE files, therefore Ican't load autocad files into my work space. To get theAC into ProE I have download it manually out of windchill and then manually open it into ProE, I want to automate this.

I can currently open and load WorkGroup CAD into myProE session no problem from windchill (using weblink), just wondering if any onehad any ideas regarding the auotcad? Any help much appreciated,

Cheers Pete

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you could make a drawing in Pro/E and from the top drop down menu.....Insert.....shared data....from file and pick an Autocad .dwg and put it in the Pro/E drawing. This will work OK unless you need to edit the AutoCad dwg....not much fun doing it in Pro/E.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back