Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDMLink: Combine repetitive tasks: Revise

LOOregano

In PDMLink 9.1, I would like to combine 3 or 4 repetitive tasks into one because it is really tedious & time consuming to have to do them separately.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Problem: When I want to make a change to a part, PDMLink requires me to:
1) <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Search[/B] for objects
2) <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Select[/B] all objects from a search, <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Add to my Workspace (WS)[/B]
3) <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Select[/B] again, <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Revise[/B] (Sometimes tedious to find them all if many objects are being changed)
4) <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Select[/B] again, <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Checkout[/B] (again sometimes tedious to find if multiple states already in WS)
5) <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Select[/B] again, <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Edit Attributes[/B]

Although I listed it in only 5 steps, this is about 8-10 steps to do something repetative that I do usually multiple times perday.

Does anyone know a way to combine some of the steps for multiple objects? Ideally I would search, select objects and have a command where I could request some or all of the above option so that it Adds to WS, Revises, checks-out, and takes me directly to edit attributes within my WS. It would also be great to have a similar command when in my WS (Just Revise, checkout, & Edit attributs).

I have some programming experience and realize that the only way to do this may be to write some kind of code for this but would like to learn more about this.

Has anyone tried to do combine tasks in PDMLink? Have you done it successfully? Can you point me in the right direction? Are there any <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">tutorials[/B] on how to do this sort of thing? I want to learn more but don't know how to go about doing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your reply.

I am familiar with the ProERevise and Checkout command, but this seems time effective only when you have one item that needs changeing. Whenworking on a project with several asms, dwgs,and components this seems more combersome than the 2 steps in PDMLink
smiley24.gif
(because you still have to find all the objects).

Any other ideas?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back