Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PDMLink 9.1 & WF4.0

jfixsen

We currently are using PDMLink 8.0 with WF3.0 andare testing out PDMLink 9.1 & WF4.0 on a spare machine before we do the migration in the near future. WhenWF3.0 opens, the first thing that it asks is for me to login to the PDMLink Server, but when I open WF4.0 on the test machine, it doesn't prompt me for PDMLink login first thing, and I have to click on a workspace or on the server link for it to log me in. Is there just a setting that I'm missing or has something changed I'm not aware of? Thanks in advance for any help.

Josh

Until you register the PDM Link server with WF4 it will not ask you for a login and will by default go straight to your set working directory.

You need to register the server using the Tools#Server Registry in WF4. Once this has been done I recommend that you set the config option "dm_remember_server" to "YES". This will tell WF to open using that last registered server

Hi Josh,

In addition to what Kdmgooner said, some config.pro options
that are pointing to a server path may cause the login prompt on startup.

I set the dm_remember_server option to 'yes'. For some reason or other, it doesn't want to work with our customized config.win file. If I change the config.win to be xxconfig.win and it uses the default .win file, it works fine. Any ideas on why that might be? Something else I've noticed in testing is that the tree.cfg file seems to be ignored when I open an assembly. It uses my tree.cfg for parts and drawings, but not assemblies for some reason or other.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back