Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pdf exportation

streamm

hello everybody,
I would like to know if someone has encountered a strange problem with pdf exportation.
the problem is like this:
I export my drawing to PDF by "save copy" in another directory witch is not the working directory giving it a name like test_1.pdf.
if I modiy my drawing 'views, dimensions,...) and export newly to pdf in the previous directory, I don't see the test_1.pdf already saved from the "save copy" window dialog box. and if I try to give the name of test_1.pdf, a warning comes up telling that a file with this name exist already in this directory.
the other side of the problem, is when I brows directories from "Pro/ENGINEER browser" the pdf test_1.pdf is not listed while all others formats are being (like asm, prt, dxf, igs, frm, drw,...).
and when browsing with windows, test_1.pdf is seen.
I entounter this problem since I moved from Wildfire 3.0 to Wildfire 4.0.
and I've tested all builds (M010, M020, M030, M050, M070, M080 and M090) but the same problem persist.
I think it's not related to Pro/ENGINEER and may be to OS.
someone has an idea about this?
thanks.

First off, if your looking at the Pro/E browser, is the file types set to "All Files (*)"? I can see it on my WF2 browser.

audctrl said:
First off, if your looking at the Pro/E browser, is the file types set to "All Files (*)"? I can see it on my WF2 browser.

YES, it's set to ALL.
I can see all other files 'asm, prt, dxf, drw,....)

I was giving a try on WF2 and and i am getting it alrite here. must be Pro/e Guys have forgot to put .pdf inWF4
smiley36.gif
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Edited by: sanjeevkar1

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back