Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

path in drawing

you cannot, because the drawing information only contains the filename. You will appreciate this behaviour when you have to open your drawings in another environment.
You should look in the helpfiles for search_path and search_path_file.
ReinhardN

you have to take two steps outside of proe

one you have to execute a system window to have dos write the path , better still a mapkey

mapkeymn @SYSTEM cd>mynote.txt;

then you have a file with the path name.. then read in from file when you make a note...

it's not a proe value but easy to get

BLAHBLAHBLAH...Go to Info | Parent/ChildClick on one of thesubassemblies(for some reason it doesn't work if you pick a .prt file)in your model tree and the Info window will open. Highlight your top level assembly in either the Children List or Parents List window pane.Nowgo toActionMenu | Model Info...BLAHBLAHBLAH

Now for the easy way. Info | Model and then click Apply.

This is from 2001. I'm sure WF has the same info, but this approach only provides the file names and no paths. I'll prowl around a little more.

<tg>
Edited by: telecomguy

Anand,

Being the path, I use it to fill in area on a format, not into a table. So it places note> no leader>from file >then a absolute location on the drawing... that way it's .......play the mapkey ...it's where i want it.

If you want it in a table , then you need to record the mapkey after picking a table cell

pm me if you have any more trouble...hth

Well, your method seems to be a bit more practical than mine (putting the note into a table cell) and I think I will change mine too to follow yours. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, we know that this method works, but with one glitch though. That being working from the 'right' working directory.

Is there any other way around this to be not in the exact directory as the drawing file, but still get to bring in the right path? I did dig around the other posts, the one about using the .inf file etc., but to my understanding, looks like its not possible to automate the process of filling in the right path. May be, if you have something figured out to do this,(or if I had been terribly lethargic and missed out something!) could you please point me in the right direction?

Appreciate all your help. Thanks again!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back