Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parametric &todays_date

zeta

I type the &todays_date in the table of drawing format but it
becomes non-parametric. It there a method to make it parameteric?
Because of each revision up, I have to re-enter the date.

There is a way to circumvent this problem. I presume that you DO NOT have Intralink.

The &todays_date will give you the date on which the drawing was created. If you wish to get the revision date i.e the date on which you release the drawing by way of print; you can print it to PDF with Lable ticked. This would give you a date stamp on your drawing out put.

This is how I used to control it.

srini

why convert it into pdf to get that stamp of date? it can me done in pro/e itself.

pro/e can print file name. date and user name while printing.

Yes, I DO NOT have intralink.

How to print it to PDF with label ticked?

How to print the date, user name when printing?

Give me some hints, please.

sanjeevkar1 said:
srini

why convert it into pdf to get that stamp of date? it can me done in pro/e itself.

pro/e can print file name. date and user name while printing.
Exactly !!!! That is what i have said. Print it to PDF / Hard copy.

For electronic control PDF is preferred. Your proe drawing is dynamic hence always remains as a document unlike Autocad or other drafting software. Whereas what you release to manufacturing is a Quality record which does not change. Hence the treatment is different.

To print to PDF you must have Acrobat writer (considering WF2). I believe it is now integrated with WF3.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back