Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parametric Block Diagram

promark

Hello all,

Aclient has asked us to create a drawing tree diagram of a project we had done for them in a pro-e drawing. Basically a block diagram calling out the drawings number and some other parameters.

I would like it to react or out put like a BOM table but utilize a pro symbol. Kind of like the BOM balloons react, but not attached to a view, just fill in with the info and a random placement would be fine. The typical way this is done at my firm is the ole' AutoCAD blocks and manually typing in the info. Would be great to assign a assembly to a pro symbol and have it create other symbols as needed like the balloons.Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has ever had any request like this.

Thanks in advance.

promark

YOU TRIED TO CREATE "REPORT"?

I USE TO MAKE REPORTS FOR THE ASSEBLIES WHICH CONTAINS PART/DRAWING NAME.RAW MATERIAL SIZE, MATERIAL, TYPE(SOLID OR SHEETMETAL) WEIGHT ETC.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back