Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parameters

mcgowanp

Hey all, does anyone know how to show parameters in a drawing note. I have created an analysis feature to measure the area of a surface. The surface is in an assembly and its in the assembly drawing that I want to add a note that will give me that value of the analysis feature

Thanks for your help, Paddy

give the analysis feature a name like "surface_area"

now there are 2 possibilities:

1. if you need to show the parameter in a BOM or you need it to further use it inrelationsthen in relations write:

area=area:fid_surface_area (this will create a parameter called area)

then in a part drawing show this parameter as &area

and in a assy drawing &asm.mbr.area (if the parameter comes from a part)

2. if you need to show the area in a simple note then create a note and write &area:fid_x where x is the feature id of the analysis. You can find this out from your drawingif you insert a column in your model tree with the FID. Above the model tree go to settings / tree columns / type / info / feat_ID. Or in model right click on the feature and info / feature.

or if you don't want to look for the ID you can just write in note : &area:fid_surface_area

In your case if you need a simple note go with #2
Edited by: vlad1979

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back