Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Override tool gouge in screen play

penjas14

I am trying to do a local mill operation inside of a mill window using corners only method. When I do corners first or surfaces firstthe toolpath generates but with corners only it says "Tool cannot be placed without gouging surface" and it wont let me see the toolpath. Can I override this and let the tool gouge the part so I can see why it won't work and try to fix it. When I check my check surfaces, remove and remove all are grayed out so i shouldn't have any check surfaces. I am using WF 3.0 M080.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Since this is an imported feature you would need to solidify the import feature. You would need to repair the feature using the import doctor. (your part will change from the purple/blue color wireframe to white wireframe.

Also I would only sketch a window over the actual pockets. This would speed up the calculation since it does not have to look into the holes.

I am using W4 and I got it to work just fine.

If you have any more questions let me know

Tony

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back