Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

order of bom

alvin164

Hi guys,

is it possible to create a bom with your own priority... For example, i have 4 parts name A, B, C, D. The dafault bom that pro e creates is

index part name
1&nbsp ; A
2&nbsp ; B
3&nbsp ; C
4&nbsp ; D

I want the bom to be ordered as i wish in stead of alphabetical

index part name
1&nbsp ; A
2&nbsp ; C
3&nbsp ; D
4&nbsp ; B

the reason why i want to do this is for the assembly people to follow the order of the installation...

thanks in advance

one more thing, is it possible to show a dotted line in exploded view where a part is suppose to go? i want a line that shows where an exploded part is suppose to go (original location in unexploded view) in an exploded view....

In Unigraphics NX 3, all exploded parts has a dotted line that show where the parts were suppose to be originally. Is there a way i can do this in WF3?

thanks

For the BOM, go to Table-->Repeat Region-->Fix Index. Select the repeat region (your table) and then select the item you want to lock, and type in the index number where you want it to go. As soon as you hit done, and "Update Table", everything should go into the order you selected.

alvin164,

If communicating the assembly sequence is the requirement, then simplified reps can be created and represented in the drawing to depict the sequence of assembly. If you have AAX (Advanced Assembly Extention), you can also get it thru Process Plan. Further this would also create BOM for that stage of assembly. A search of this forum will give you what you need.

As for the exploded view lines, it is possible to have any line type. However if you are looking for a default setting, will have to look into the Tools --> Options. My proe is not open at the moment, hence cannot tell you the exact setting.

For ordering the assembly BOM the same as the real parts would be assembled, our standard part list table will order the BOM in order of the component list in the assembly file. I'm pretty sure this requires the following repeat region attributes: no dup/level & flat.

alvin164 said:
one more thing, is it possible to show a dotted line in exploded view where a part is suppose to go? i want a line that shows where an exploded part is suppose to go (original location in unexploded view) in an exploded view....

In Unigraphics NX 3, all exploded parts has a dotted line that show where the parts were suppose to be originally. Is there a way i can do this in WF3?

thanks

This is possible in Pro/E. You can add offset lines from view manager/explode/redefine explode/create offset lines.

mihaicretu said:
alvin164 said:

thanks

This is possible in Pro/E. You can add offset lines from view manager/explode/redefine explode/create offset lines.

i would like to show that line in my assembly.drw file...

i went to view manager/explode.... there are only 3 tabs, NEW or EDIT or DISPLAY...where can i find the REDIFINE EXPLODE/CREATE OFFSET LINES? are u using WF3?
thanks for the help

ramgopal said:
hi,

view manager/explode>edit>Creat exploded offset line.

i still don't see the CREATE EXPLODED OFFSET LINES... can u take a snap shot of it? thanks... i clicked my VIEW MANAGER, EXPLODE, EDIT, and i only see SAVE, TOGGLE EXPLODE STATUS, RENAME, REMOVE, COPY, DESCRIPTION, EXPLODE STATUS...

In the screenshot above, the left side window has a tab PROPERTIES, click on that to get the right side window. In this window there are three coloured icons. The last [magic wand:)] is what you require.

Harsh

Hi Alvin164,

Here's how you can add snap lines:
Open the view manager, go to Explode tab, then right click on default explode (or another explode if have it defined):

Click on Redefine and then Offset lines - Create. Here you got 3 options, I only used so far the first 2: axis refers to circular objects, e.g. screws and their threaded holes; surface normal refers to planes plate on another plate, etc.

The last thing: be sure that you have the exploded state you defined the snap lines in the drawing view. (If you have "Default Explode" and an "Explode1" in view manager, and you define the snap lines in "Explode1", then on the drawing sheet in the exploded view you must select "Explode1", otherwise the snap lines will not be displayed.)

That's about the snap lines; I don't know (nor searched) for an answer for your fist question, although I need to know it also.

I hope that will help you.

harshtayal13 said:
In the screenshot above, the left side window has a tab PROPERTIES, click on that to get the right side window. In this window there are three coloured icons. The last [magic wand:)] is what you require.

Harsh

i see... but this line is only visible in the modeling mode... not in the drawing mode....is there a way to show this in ur drawing file?

alvin164,

if you create the offset lines and save your explode with your offset lines and create a view using the saved exploded state it will show your offset lines in the drawings

you have to save the exploded view for it to show up in the drawing. go to view manager click on the EXPLODE tab then click the edit button and select save.

ehorton said:
For the BOM, go to Table-->Repeat Region-->Fix Index. Select the repeat region (your table) and then select the item you want to lock, and type in the index number where you want it to go. As soon as you hit done, and "Update Table", everything should go into the order you selected.

Hi ehorton,

i just tried your method now. I clicked TABLE, REPEAT REGION, FIX INDEX, select my region, select row 5 and type in 4....it game me an error messege saying that "the index 4 is fixed for this record. select another record.
what am i doingwrong here

you may have to unfix the region to be able to individually fix components to a certain index #. to do this click table, Repeat Region, fix index, select unfix select region select your region then select confirm. this will unfix all index numbers for the region. You can then select which items you want to fix to which index #using the method you were using.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back