Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Opening files from WF3.0 in WF 2.0

pilotododac

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here in the forum, so, if my question is an off-topic of this session of the forum, I'm sorry!
smiley1.gif

Is there anyway of opening an *.prt or drawing that was created in Pro/E Wildfire 3.0 using the older version (Wildfire 2.0)??
smiley25.gif

Thanks,

Diego - Brazil

That question has been asked and answered a few times alrready.

Open a WF3 file directly in WF2, NO!

There is a PTC TIP on their website that explains the proceure using the ATB. When opened in WF2, it is only a solid blob, no parametrics. No better than exporting as STEP from WF3 and importing that into WF2.

That's not true looslib...you can open a WF 3 model in WF 2 in it's native Pro/E format and the use of ATB is only for updates to that model. It is better than a STEP file as at least you can see the model tree, albeit in read-only mode.

Excerpt from the TPI onPTC's website - link at the bottom (requires PTC account to view):

Granite-based Cross-Release Interoperability (referred to hereafter as GCRI) was developed based on PTC

Technical point, Brad.

Out of the box, WF2 cannot read a file saved in WF3. The TPI also says, "Before setting up GCRI, the application component "readnewermodels.dll", which is not yet shipped to customers, will need to be obtained."

Hello Brad,

I'm having some trouble to acess the PTC link...
When I log in in their server, only appears to me a blank page!
Could you send the link again?

Thanks

Diego

looslib - understood but no mention was ever made about OOTB in the original post.

Diego - the above link still works fine for me - the problem has to be on your end.

Hello Everyone

I work with ProE at a Fatec , Faculdade of tecnology of Sorocaba and not I do not know a way of do make this , But a pupil openedan arquiche ofversion W3 in the 2.0 . Now , Take care , because a it is arquive was bad to work .

my adress : [email protected]

Marcelo Barbo

Brazi
<DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px"></DIV>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back