Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

open_window_maximized

goldhntr

I recently upgraded from WF 3.0 to WF 4.0. When I use the hidden config.pro option "open_window_maximized" "yes". The software window opens to the full width of the monitor but there is about 3/4" unused on the bottom of the screen. This was not a problem in WF 3.0. When I disable this option, the software window uses about 80% of the width of the monitor but still does not use the the bottom 3/4" of the monitor. I have tried to change the value of the "windows_scale" option. This has had no effect on the bottom of the monitor issue. I currently have that set to 1. Nothing happens when I make the number larger. The entire window shrinks (both width and length) when I chose a value less than 1. The monitor I am using is a wide screen formatted monitor. I have two monitors. Unfortunately the secondary monitor is not the wide screen format. Is there anyone that can get this to open fully maximized?

I'm surprised no one else has encountered this issue. Our inquiry to PTC didn't result in a fix. We tried re-sizing the window in a start-up trail file as suggested by TPI 122366 in the PTC Knowledge Base but that re-sized only the first window. All subsequent windows were undersized. PTC responded that "this is the current functionality".

Has anyone found a solution are are we doomed to re-sizing every window?

The problem is new in WF 4.0. Previous versions of Wildfire opened with full sized windows.

That also happens to me. The problem is with the 2nd monitor. Try to to disconnect the 2nd monitor and run ProE again.

I have same problem with WF4 when using dual monitor. One monitor is widescreen the other is not.

I have seen the problem on first screen which is a 24" widescreen

As bari1 wrote, this is a problem related to using two monitors. Turning off the second monitor before starting Pro-e made the problem go away.

We have just installed build M060 and the problem appears to be fixed. The WF4 windows now open correctly with both monitors on.

One little gem I learned when it comes dual monitors is that I set my graphics card Quadro FX 3500 to an option called "Dual View" and not "Horizontal Span".Apps seemed to behave better when I made this setting. Also, if it is possible, try to use two of the samemonitors. This will curtail some of the headaches associated rezolution differences.

Just my two cents for what it's worth. The dual 19s or the dual 22s work just fine with no issues.

Remember the K.I.S.S. rule.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back