Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ole Object

feisthammela

I need to either embed or link a jpeg to my drawing. I can get it to work initially using the OLE object function, but when I open the drawing the next day, the jpeg is missing. What can I do to keep this from happening?

Open the jpg with paint>select all>copy.

In your drawing or format>insert>bitmap image.

You will see a white square agaist the black background. doubleclick in there and the paint program is able to receive data>ctrl v> click outside the box in the drawing> adjust proportions and size of your image. RMB on image>copy

Now go to format>symbol gallery>define>type a name for your symbol>a new background pops up. Edit paste>click on some point on your image in the window that pops up>click on the background topaste the image>done>in the symbol definition attributes that comes up click free>pick a point to be the insertion point for your symbol>ok>done

Now click write>type a directory name (no spaces, say C:\) disregard the message, say Yes to the prompt.

Now you can cut and paste the symbol to the directory you want it.

Hope this helps

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back