Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Oddest thing

jelston

I have a small opportunity. I am using a simplified rep and when i exclude an object, the outline of a hole in the object,remains on the drawing but not in the model. anyone know of a way to add this hole to the rep and thusremove it from the drawing? (rather not use layers to get rid of this)

Thanks in advance

what I would try:

-to update the drawing, view / update current sheet

-to delete the view and put it again

-maybe that's a hole made in assembly and it remains there

-try using blank components from view, this way you won't need simp reps. View / drawing display /component display / blank / picked view and click on the part you don't want to show in that view. To make it visible again, do the same steps as above but unblank

I think i was a little unclear in what is happening:

I have an assembly with a frame and piping on the frame. For detail purposes, i have made the piping only into a simplified rep (a rep with no frame). When i exclude the frame, an assembly hole in the frame, remains (or at least the outline of it) and it is quite distracting. Layers, in my opinion, are not a good substitute for simplified reps and and have deleted, updated, re-scaled, regenerated, etc, nothing works.
smiley5.gif

Edited by: jelston

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back