Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Objects don’t rotate correctly..

Nborg

Hey, I'm trying to create a drawing from a part.
I first create the general drawing view, and then try to create projections..
The problem is that they don't rotate the way I am used to (Europe), i think this is the american standard..
How do I change it?

Thanks

Sorry, I did try searching through the forum, but I didn't find anything.
It works nicely now, but do I have to change this setting everytime i make another drawing? If so, how do I make the change permanent?

Change your default detail file. Get all the detail options set in your drawing and save the file. Then add the following config.pro option:

Drawing_setup_file Full_path_name\File_name.dtl

I went Tools>Options and changed the drawing_setup path..But it seems not to affect all of my drawing, only the current session. I can't find the config.pro file on my hdd (stupid)..could someone point me in the right direction?

Each drawing is saved with it's settings internally so you have to retrieve your new settings for each old drawing. However, every NEW drawing will use the settings specified by your Drawing_setup_file config option.

Pro/E reads multiple config.pro files each time it starts and you can manually load additional ones. If they don't exist just create them in Pro/E or with a text editor. Depending on your setup, you may not have permission to change all of them. Pro/E loads them in the following order:

load_point/text/config.sup
load_point/text/config.pro
user_home/config.pro (usually C:/ on windoze machines)
startup_dir/config.pro

I did a search on my computer for config.pro and found it in the following dirs:

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_elev

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param

users/student/HOW_INTRO-WF2

Isn't jlink some kind of programming language?
Which one of these do I have to edit?

Hope I'm not too annoying
smiley1.gif

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\text\config.pro
for starters. You will have to create it. It is just a text file.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back