Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

NPT TPM Files

jswinderman

Looking for some TPM files for NPT taps. I'm not sure what TPM stands for but these are the files that are used to create threaded holes. The standards that we have loaded are UNC, UNF and ISO. I have searched the database for NPT taps and TPM files and have not found what I am looking for. Any help would be appriciated.

I found the TPM files in my program directory. C:\Program Files\proeWildfire\text\taps

Thanks, (Best Regards)

Those are the manufacturing data files for th NC routines.

To model your holes, you need to look in the text/hole folder and use a .hol file.

Either way there is no supplied file for NPT taps. I have a npt.hol file that I created, but it only creates a straight hole, not a tapered one. Since we only used it for cosemetic threads, we figured that the taper on the hole didn't matter.

How do you create new .hol files? Is it like creating a UDF?

Thanks, Sorry it took so long to get back. There must be something wrong with my e-mail I have not been getting my mcademails.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back