Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Not able to save after regen?

ERamsey

A co-worker had this issue yesterday. I wonder if anyone has had this happen to them.

He was working on an assembly, assembled a part and it did it's normal regen, completed. But when he went to go save the "save icon" was greyed out. So he went over to the file pull down and everything that had the ability to save/save as/backup etc were also greyed out. Crtl-S didn't work also.

Now the weird part was he was able to open files, assemble more parts, create new ones etc. He was just unable to save or even regen anymore.

We spent about an hour trying to figure what happened or even trying to find a way around it/out of it, but found nothing.

Rebooting and relauching Pro-E was are only solution. :(

On wildfire 4.0 build M050.

Any chance anyone seen this "bug" before or is it something else?

Edited by: ERamsey

I called over and asked him. It was a brand new assembly with about 10 parts. Nothing big or fancy.

I think I've been able to duplicate this issue:

When the model is regening and you click the stop mid process, it will come back and things will be greyed out. That or when the regen hangs and you have to stop it to move on, it will also produce the greyed out issue.

Problem is there seems to be nothing to get the regen started again or to get out of the greyed out issues. Other than restarting pro-e.

after regen, just put a different part name under new name box. make sure
every command is disabled, the gray out will go away

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back