Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Node Locked License Question

bartn

If I am using a node locked license (one license on one machine) do I still have to install the License server?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Win7 installs to c:\program files(x86) instead of c:\ptc...does this matter?
The rest of the story...bought a new HPz210/3.5ghz/16gb/ssd/quadro2000/win7...got new license file from ptc...three days later can not get WF3.0 up and running. Note: using Creo 2 at work, the WF3 is a personal seat I bought years ago but do not maintain. Have searched the forum extensively. Verified host name/ID on license with that on splash screen at install. Verified host ID order in registry. Tried to start/stop services. restarted or Powered down after most attempts. errors look something like this:
lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system. The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet, the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the port or hostname in the license file has been changed.Server name: 192.168.1.69 License path: 7788@z210workstationFLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,available at www.macrovision.com.
Have tried single server and node locked installs. Any suggestions?

Yes, license server is required. Be sure to enter the daemon information in the license file before importing it into the FlexLM manager

The many times I have setup a node locked license, I have not installed the license server. I did try that onetime whenI didn't know and it seemed tomake the setup and install much more complicated. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The error you see is the license looking for that server. In our licenses, those are extra lines that are manually added. This line is right after the summary table towards the top of the license. You will see a line that lists the daemon in the txt. I would try removing that line and trying it again.

Thanks for the replies.

Tried Node loked and #-out the daemon line as suggested. Got...

License request failed for PROE_FoundationAdv -96

License server machine is down or not responding

Not sure why it is looking for a server if i chose the node locked option. Any ideas?

A license file that is used with a license server will have a line like this in it under the summary table.

SERVER __HOSTNAME__ PTC_HOSTID=XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX 7788
DAEMON ptc_d __PTCD_PATH__

On a node locked license, there is no information in this area.

I sounds like the license file that you have is not node locked, but setup for a server. You may need to have PTC send you a new license file.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back