Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

new view scales incorrect in drawing

D. Urban

I have a client created assembly and drawing. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
When I create a new orientation in the assembly and try to use it in the drawing the size comes in minuscule. Changing the view from sheet scale to custom does not fix it. Even changing from sheet .75 scale to custom 30 scale only marginally increases the view?
I thing the problem resides in the assembly but its not evident until working with the drawing.
I even created a new drawing and the same thing happens. Previously created views work new ones don

Some parts of the assy inch, some metric?
Make sure you have the right model active when adding the view.

Edited by: dross

<UL>
<LI>When you modify an existing view, is the scale of the view set as default scale or you define the scale specifically for this view?</LI>
<LI>Are there more than one models in the drawing? When yes, is model upon which the view was created active? </LI>[/list]

In an attempt to debug I have tried creating a new drawing and placed the assembly in it. The same thing happens, old orientations scale correctly and newer orientations shrink. One thing that I have noticed; When I increase the scale the view boarder gets bigger, but nowhere near where the new scale should be.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
This is the only assembly in the project that is acting this way.

One further symptom, when in the assembly and using view manager to select orientations the older views gently spin to the orientation selected, the new ones seem to pop super close (Fill the screen) and then pop to the correct orientation?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Found the fix!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It appears to be a layer related problem.
I changed the status of the layer and then reset the status to what I want and saved it. This somehow fixed the drawing view scales so they all work.

Weird but fixedJ

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back