Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New to Rendering

Hi..hmm it is weird... And what is different inyour JPG?..and did you do this in Photolux or Photorender?...Because if yourendering inPhotolux that could be OK because Photolux is showing you quickrender preview but final result will be little different.. for example Depth of field or depth of bump map texture or little diffrent could be the setting of lightes and so on .. Butas I said it is onlylittle different...Do you have some stripes or deflaction of resolution or what? If you have something like that than it could be caused by your Video Graphic Adapter.Maybe you dont have cerytified your VGA for this program.(but I dont think so it should be OK)..

You can alsotry to save your image to *.TIFF formatand than export it to JPG but in another software. for example if you have Microsoft Picture MAnager or anything like that...

by the way... If you want to know something more about rendering just follow this topic.

[url]http://mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28300& amp; amp; amp;PN=1&TPN=1[/url]

good luck.
Edited by: Miko

Lighting is strange in Pro/E rendering. For example.
What you see with realtime render is not what you get when you render to
file. default lighting and lights that you create are handled differently
too. You have to tell the program in the render options to use lights
that you created. Miko is right too that you need that photolux.
Set your render to the highest settings. Plus it really helps to have
some imagery in your scene so reflections are better. Remember you
brushed aluminum does not reflect back like a mirror. Crank down the reflective
properties.

Use these images in your background or in your materials.

http://www.cydonian.com/photos/categories.php?cat_id=3
http://www.1000skies.com/fullpanos/index.htm

Those sky images look bad ass when you model with realtime
render on. Tone down the reflection so the shinny silver is more a matt finish
with 5 percent reflection.
WF3.0 has some new procedural tools for mapping too. Be sure to play with that when you get it.

I am looking for wood shaders for Maya on da internet at the moment so I may come accross some more links like above. 'leme know if i was useful'

Oh... and you don't need luck. you need endurance! Don't give up and you will get it. I need to practice the rendering inside Pro/E but I spend to much damd time messing with talk boards. ;)

Edited by: design-engine

I agree the realtime render is a pretty useless preview especially with Photolux. The full screen preview isn't much help eitherif your looking at Draft quality then crank it up to Maximum.

My big complaint is trying to get clear transparent parts from any of the materials out of the Photolux System Library. I haven't had any luck with any value for the Transparency setting for any of them. But like you said there are so many variables, if you have enough time, you're bound to stumble onto something. Are there any guidelines out there for Photolux Reflectance Parameters like Ambient factor, Mirror factor, Refraction, etc.?

cam721 said:
I have noticed that when I render a part/asm in ProE, my output file (JPEG) looks different than what I have on the screen?

I must be doing something wrong..

Wildfire 2.0 m190

Jpeg comes with compression for great filesize reduction but it is not lossless and there are potential artifacts especially along areaas of strong color changes like sharp contrast edges. If you set the Jpeg compression too low it will show.

If you like what's on your screen, why even bother re-rendering and saving to Jpeg? Just grab a snapshot/screenshot with the Print-Screen (PrtScn) key. That will snap the whole screen into the clipboard. You can then switch to your favorite image editor or viewer like Irfanview and crop the stuff around the view away. So far no loss of colors. You can then save to numerous formats, like Jpeg and set the quality the highest or save to Targa and Tiff with lossless or no compressions.

Don't get stuck on little details. Learn to use a workaround and improve your workflow along the way.

-Philip

<div style="visibility: ;" id="jajahYDiv">299</div><div style="visibility: ;" id="jajahXDiv">152</div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back