Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New Machine Problem with ProE

jhammonds

Received new workstations. Dell Precision T3500 QUAD Core 3.2 Xeon 2.5G Ram Nvidia Quadro FX580XP Ver. 2002 running Wildfire 2.0 Intralink 3.4.

The problem is while in sketcher mode, when I drag dimensions, it lags really bad and I have to wait for it to catch up. Not sure if it is a setting in ProE or a machine setting.

Any info will help alot.

Thanks!

Make sure you have the latest drivers for the graphics.

Have had similar issues with Nvidia cards and Pro/E before but updating the drivers have always been the resolution
/Anders

try playing around with the graphics option in your config.pro. Set it to opengl. restart proe and check if is better. If it isn't then change the value and restart proe again. Some people will argue that restarting is not necessary but do it anyways.

First of all, if it is a new machine on a clean install make sure you are using NVidia drivers and not the generic drivers that come with Windows. I would reccomend not to go for the latest drivers on the NVidia site, but rather try the latest driver listed on the manufacturer's website for your configuration. I normally go for OpenGL graphics on the config.pro

I hope it helps.

This is on a fresh install, I checked and it looks like the default drivers for windows is installed and just waiting for our IT guy to update and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for the input and I will keep you updated.

<div style="text-align: center;">hay some time Nvidia make a problem due to its driver problem<br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">so install driver Manually not from installer<br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">if u use XP then<br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">go to My computer than right click on it go to property<br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">then<br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-weight: bold; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">hardware > device manager > Display adapters > <br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">then u see <br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Nvidia Quadro FX580 right click and update driver manually by giving a path and restart PC

smiley14.gif
<br style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"></div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back