Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

NEW CAD GENERATION ??

Search the web for "jon banquer" (a.k.a. jon "Fad CAD" banquer). If he thinks it's the neatest thing since sliced bread it's probably going to be a big let down.
smiley2.gif

WasPTCthinkingalong the same lineswhen they bought Co-Create?

Siemens purchased a company who happened to own Unigraphics. I don't think it is any more special than unigraphics of yester-year. Besides Siemens still uses Pro/ENGINEER world wide. ;)

Those guys have nice suits on. The video is not even that cool.

First, the model used for an example does not even use construction history exclaiming 100x speed improvement. Sounds great if you don;t know CAD at all. Thats where the market is now.... new cad users....2d users looking to go to 3d.

If a user can strategise the use of a parametric constraint based model (most don't) then synchronous technology will make a big mess.

I don't buy it.... not from this video that is.

Edited by: design-engine

I'm not sure that this technology is all that new. A software called SpaceClaim has the same idea. The idea being, modify the geometry that is there rather the feature history. It makes sense too me. I tried SpaceClaim and I was not impressed all that much because it was buggy. If Siemens has taken it to the next level then I'd be interested in having a look see.

Is there still a history? Is there a record of these non-history changes? What happens when non-engineering types get hold of my model and start pushing & pulling it all to hell?The first thought that comes to my mind is can of worms, butI guess this is where CAD is going - outsidethe engineering department. That's where all the new growth is going to come from.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back