Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need help modelling a scooter i designed

dlmartin

i have drawn a childs scooter with the necessary perspectives and views to convey its form, and for my university coursework i have to make it on Creo by modelling all the separate parts and assembling them. I would be very great full if someone could help me or even model a part or two for me as i really struggle with using creo and very behind everyone else on my course. Also if someone could tell me what tools/methods to use on each different part would be really helpfull.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20130315_133637.jpg
    IMG_20130315_133637.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20130315_133712.jpg
    IMG_20130315_133712.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 35
Hello dlmartin,

This you can model it using two approach. One is Bottom up, i.e modelling each part and assemble it. And the second method is Top down approach. In that you have create a skeleton part first and then create the other parts by referring the skeleton parts. If you are sure, it doesn't require many design changes you can use the Bottom up approach.

First assign overall dimension for the assembly. For example distance between the wheels and height from ground to handle etc. Then assign the size for the individual parts. Once all sizes are assigned,start the modelling of each part and assemble it. Use simple features like extrude and revolve for modelling.

CADfan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back