Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

My assemblies lose detail when I zoom out

Tony Bombardo

Hey everyone, this is my first time here so hopefully this question hasn't been asked before, but I didn't find anything in search. I'm just learning Creo Parametric and noticed that when I zoom out on an assembly model , my model loses details (round objects become square, for example) . I'm assuming this is just a graphical limit, but I was curious if there's any way to change that setting so that it displays full details at all zoom levels. The closest setting to what I was thinking of "Shade very small surfaces" is already turned on so that's not it.. My main reason for wanting more detail when zoomed out is that we didn't buy the photolux rendering module so I just use the shading with reflections option to show fairly realistic "renderings" that way, but they don't look very good when the details won't display.

I've got a Quadro k2000 . I actually opened it up again yesterday and now the model displays correctly and only reverts to the simplified form when I'm orbiting around it. I'm almost wondering if something was sitting on my 3D mouse other day and I didn't knotice that it was moving ever so slightly... Either way, I think its fixed now!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back