Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Multiple dimension arrows

phoxeoy

Is there a way to have more then one leader arrow for a dimension? I
have multiple rounds that are the same dimension and I want one
dimension pointing too more than one round. Thanks

Replace the text of the note with &dxx where dxx is the dimension number. To determinethe dimension number,use Info-Switch Dimensions.This will display the dimension number for each displayed dimension. Of course, you'll need to have the rounds dimensioned to see that particular number.

Is there a better/quicker way dr_gallup?

The thing is when I replace the text with &d108, for an example, my note just says "&d108" What am I doing different? I'm running WF2 Thanks

If you type in &d108 when creating the note, it does display &d108 but if you create the note and just type in sometext as a placehoder, you can then edit the note and replace the text with &d108. It will then display the dimension associated with d108 in the note. Perhaps this is a bug in WF2.

Must be deeper than that because it doesn't replace the text with the dimension when I edit the text either.

OK, step by step

1) Show the dimension of the round in the drawing

2) Double click on the dimension or pick it and right mouse button & pick properties

3) Pick the middle tab Dimension Text in the Dimension Properties box

4) Note the symbolic name of the dimension ie d81

5) Close the Dimension Properties box

6) Create your note with the text R&d81

If this does not work it is because you have a drawing with multiple models and you need the model index added to the dimension symbolic name.

With the dimension still displayed in the drawing, do pick Info/Switch dimensions and all the dimensions will switch from their values to their symbolic names. If there is only one model the symbolic name will be d81:0 but if there is more than one model the value after the colon may be something else. Add the colon & the model index number to your note.

There is a config option switch_dims_for_notes that if set to yes will automatically switch all dimensions to symbolic names during note creation which greatly simplifies the procedure.

to clarify what grose sed: when showing the dimensions as NAMES rather than NUMBERS, use the full dimension name, as it may have a suffix seperated by a coon- it may appear as dxx or dxx:xx- where xx is the dimensions numeric 'name'

your note should read &dxxx:xx. where '&' is an ampersand, lower case d, number, colon, number.

this should work for any dimension.

g

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back