Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Multi-Level Family Tables on drawing

SayWhatEh

Hello, I looked all over this site and ptcuser.org for an answer to this but could not find it.

So I have a multi level family table, and when putting it as a table on the drawing I want all the levels to show, using fam.inst.name you get the first level. So in the next nested level I have no other parameter to use, and If i use fam.inst.name and select the same model but the generic on the second level I still get the same table as using the first level generic.

ok, that was kinda messy to describe, but is there any help on using a multi level family table on a drawing???

best regards
/Jocke

I don't think you can. I may be mistaken but in 8 yrs of using Pro/E, have never come across how to do this or whether indeed it can be done.

Phil

I have gotten some e-mail replies but really people are just sending me multi-level bom tables, while I applaud their effort, it hardly gets me closer to the goal. Family tables on the drawing seems to be a diffrent beast than assemblies. If I wasn't in Windchill PDMLink I could do a workaround with and fake assembly, but windchill is not that forgiving :)

I guess a follow up question would be, If this is NOT possible, then how do people deal with multi-level family tables? Have you instead modeled your screws and fasteners in a one level family table of death? :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back