Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving Notes

wensink

Hi you all,

When i move the text from my notes horizontal, sometimes the complete note will move. I use the horizontal arows, not the + arrow. This is not FUN. i use WF2 and it does this at random. Itdrive me somethimes insane.All i want is that the note will move horizontaly and that the jog will staywere it is.

Does any1 know what i do wrong, or is this a bug from WF2?

Thanx

Bram

If you just want to move the text location and not the leader, be sure
to only click the side drag handles that appear when you select the
note. If you move from the center of the text you will move the note
and leader arrow.

Michael

Thats the problem. I sellect the side drag handles and somethimesWF thinks i want to move the note with leader.

I have found it!!

When you sellect a note, and you move the mouse from the leaedr to the text. The cross-head arrows go to horizontal arrows and then you will only move the not horizontal. Thats normal. But.... When you come from the other side, from behind the note and you go from the text to the leader. Then you have first a cross-head arrows and when you go to the leader they switch to the horizontal arrows, but then you can still move the note to all directions.

I think it is Pro/standard that you have to think from which you come with your mouse.

Thanx for all

Bram Wensink

Been away from Wildfire for a while and had to return for a project. I'm getting very annoyed by a similar issue.

When I click a note it highlights in red and gives me the crossing arrows, meaning I should be able to drag it in 2d space. It seems like 9 times out of 10, when I click to drag, it opens up a selection window instead of moving the note.

What's the secret?
smiley7.gif

<tg>

Tele,

Is it the NOTE PROPERTIES box that opens?

If it is, then I'm afraid it looks like you are double clicking the note. I tend to do this myself. There is a very small time 'delay' from when you select the note (LMB) to turn it red so that you can move itand when you can select it again toactually move it. (If you look at your cursor once you have done the initial selection, there is a small delay until the + crosshairs arrive. If you click on the note during this period then ProE sees it as a double click.)

All I can suggest is that you slow down your clicks

Kev

PS It is also possible that your mouse set-up's click delay could be changed to help you. Find some techie guy.....

Kev

Not the properties box. It opens a rubberband window as if you had clicked a 'pick many' box. I click the note and it turns red. I then move the cursor around until I get the big move arrows (looks like a plus sign with arrow heads on the ends). The text under the cursor highlights cyan and then I click and drag, but it often just opens the rubberband...

Thanks for your response.

<tg>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back