Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving along a curve - Constraints.

daveyk_belgium

Hello Gurus<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Part of the previous exercise was moving along a composite curve.

I moved a point with a servo, but making what was on the point move at a normal to the curve was a pain

Changing geometry after you have defined your mechanism always creates trouble. This is problem with MDX module of Pro/E Wildfire 2.0.

What I do is redefine all the settings inside mechanism after I do changes in geometry.

BTW once again its hard to understand what you want.

Israr

the best way is to define initial conditions

set a tangential slot velocity and then use these conditions in ur dynamic analysis.

Thanks for your reply Puppet.

Up until now I have only used kinematic analyses using pre-defined servo-motors.

I have got your suggestion to work, so I can move my point along the curve at a constant velocity.

However, on my point was a digger, and the drive sprockets need motors to rotate, and there are also many other motors I want to work to movebuckets,armsetc., or do you have another suggestion?

Can I get kinematic and dynamic analyses to run together?

Many thanks

Dave

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back