Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Moving a Finish Symbol

New@ProE

I have forgotten how to move a Finish Symbol fromlike the ID geometry of a bore to the dimension extension line. When I move the Finish Symbol,a/the continous extension line under the finish Symbol closes the extension line offset from the geometry. Would like to move the sybmol without this very aggrevating line. Used to do this in WildFire 2, now seems impossible -- any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Well, one way is to right click on the symbol in the drawing and select edit attachment. That seemed to work. Another option would be to create the surface finish call outs in the drawing, but the down side is you don't see them in your model tree.

Thanks...tried that. I posted on the Drawing Forum because I have been inserting the Finish Symbols while in the Drawing. I wouldn't so much mind the line under the Finish Symbol, except it closes the offset gap between the geometry and the beginning of the extension line of the dimension. I'm sure others have ran into this type of problem before . . . would like to find solution.

Thanks again,

But, do you still see a closed gap when the drawing is plotted? I remember dimensions doing the same thing, but when plotted they were cleaned up.

Select the symbol & right click, pick Properties. You can change the placement type and any attachment reference. Works for all symbols, not just Scandinavian ones.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back